Episode Details

Back to Episodes
Unveiling the Soul: A Dragon Boat Festival Tale

Unveiling the Soul: A Dragon Boat Festival Tale

Published 1 month, 1 week ago
Description
Fluent Fiction - Mandarin Chinese: Unveiling the Soul: A Dragon Boat Festival Tale
Find the full episode transcript, vocabulary words, and more:
fluentfiction.com/zh/episode/2026-04-25-07-38-19-zh

Story Transcript:

Zh: 西湖的春日充满了活力。
En: The spring day at West Lake was full of vitality.

Zh: 空气中漂浮着粽子的香味,船桨拍打湖面的声音与观众的欢呼声交织在一起。
En: The air was filled with the aroma of zongzi, and the sound of oars splashing on the lake mingled with the cheers of the crowd.

Zh: 那是一个难忘的端午节。
En: It was an unforgettable Dragon Boat Festival.

Zh: 我,嘉翼,一个满怀热情的摄影师,来到杭州,想在这节日中捕捉一幅完美的照片。
En: I, Jiayi, a passionate photographer, came to Hangzhou with the goal of capturing the perfect photo during this festival.

Zh: 我独自在湖边徘徊,眼前的景象让我感到震撼。
En: Wandering alone by the lakeside, the sight before me was breathtaking.

Zh: 船队整齐地在湖面上划动,仿佛一条条巨龙在水中舞动。
En: The boat teams glided across the lake in perfect harmony, like giant dragons dancing in the water.

Zh: 可是,我始终无法按下快门。
En: Yet, I couldn't bring myself to press the shutter.

Zh: 照片不止是眼见之物,它需要捕捉灵魂的震颤。
En: A photo is more than what meets the eye; it needs to capture the vibrations of the soul.

Zh: 就在这时,我决定与当地人交谈,去真正理解这个节日。
En: At that moment, I decided to talk to the locals to truly understand the festival.

Zh: 我遇见了若兰,一个正在准备龙舟赛的选手。
En: I met Ruolan, a competitor preparing for the dragon boat race.

Zh: 她的眼中燃烧着热情,又夹杂着一丝不安。
En: Her eyes burned with passion but also held a hint of unease.

Zh: 我们聊起来了,若兰告诉我,端午节是她已故父亲最爱的节日。
En: We started chatting, and Ruolan told me that the Dragon Boat Festival was her late father's favorite holiday.

Zh: 她想要赢得比赛,以此告慰父亲的在天之灵。
En: She wanted to win the race to comfort his spirit in heaven.

Zh: 然而,她感到很大压力,总担心自己会让父亲失望。
En: However, she felt pressured, constantly worrying she would disappoint her father.

Zh: 我望着若兰,突然意识到,我和她的目标竟然如此相似。
En: Looking at Ruolan, I suddenly realized how similar our goals were.

Zh: 我们都在寻找某种意义,寻找某个能填补内心空白的时刻。
En: We were both searching for a sense of purpose, looking for a moment to fill the void within us.

Zh: 比赛开始了,若兰划船时全神贯注,我在岸边静静观察着。
En: The race began, and as Ruolan focused intently on rowing, I quietly observed from the shore.

Zh: 就在船只即将领前之时,意外发生了,另一艘船突然擦过,若兰的船摇晃不止。
En: Just as her boat was about to take the lead, an unexpected incident occurred—a neighboring boat suddenly grazed hers, causing it to sway violently.

Zh: 所有人都屏住了呼吸,我快速调动相机,捕捉那短暂的时刻。
En: Everyone held their breath, and I quickly adjusted my camera to capture the fleeting moment.

Zh: 最终,尽管若兰没能赢得比赛,她却在岸边对我微笑,那是一种释然。
En: In the end, even though Ruolan didn't win the race, she smiled at me from the shore, relieved.

Zh: 她说:“我父亲不希望我背负这么多负担,只希望我快乐。”
En: She said, “My father wouldn't want me to bear such a burden; he just wanted me to be happy.”

Zh: 我的相机记录下了若兰努力的瞬间,那张照片中有她坚定的眼神和湖面闪烁的波光。
En: My camera captured Ruolan's moments of effort, with her determined gaze and the shimmering waves on the lake.

Zh: 后来,那成为了我展览的至爱之作。
En: That photograph later became the centerpiece of my exhibition.

Zh: 那张照片不但赢得了称赞,我还将其献给若兰已故的父亲。
En: The photo not only won acclaim, but I also dedicated it to Ruolan's late father.

Zh: 看着她的微笑,我感受到一种从未有过的满足感,不止是一场成功的展览,还有一段新的旅程即将开始。
En: Seeing her smile, I felt a satisfaction I had never experienced before—beyond a successful exhibition, a new journey was about to begin.

Zh: 对于我和若兰,这一天都变成了心灵新的起点。
En: For both Ruolan and me, that day became a new starting point for the soul.

Zh: 我们学会了在珍贵的当下找到生活的意义。
En: We learned to find m
Listen Now

Love PodBriefly?

If you like Podbriefly.com, please consider donating to support the ongoing development.

Support Us