Episode Details

Back to Episodes
第2926期:The bird sanctuary rehabilitates injured birds.

第2926期:The bird sanctuary rehabilitates injured birds.

Episode 1 Published 1 month ago
Description

I grew up in Dalton, Massachusetts. Once I graduated and I had my degree, you know you really just try to get settled in somewhere with working with the species that you want to work with.

我在马萨诸塞州的道尔顿长大。毕业后我拿到了学位,想找个地方安定下来,从事自己真正想研究的物种相关工作。


I really love working with water birds, birds like pelicans for instance.

我真的很喜欢和水鸟一起工作,比如鹈鹕。


I knew of this place and have known about this place for quite a few years.

我知道这个地方,而且已经知道好几年了。


Thankfully this position had opened up. Now I just work with birds all the time.

幸好这个职位空缺了,现在我整天都和鸟儿打交道。


The birds that we see down here in the Keyes are fish eating birds, marsh birds a lot of the time.

我们在基斯这儿看到的鸟类大多是食鱼鸟,很多都是湿地鸟类。


We take an injured, orphaned wildlife and we rehabilitate them until they are to the point where they can be released, and then we do that at that point in time.

我们救助受伤、失去双亲的野生动物,对它们进行康复治疗,直到它们能够被放归自然,届时就会放生。


So I don't know what I'm gonna need. So I'm just gonna get a bunch of stuff.

我不知道需要什么,所以就买了很多东西。


So we are a non-profit organization. We are split into two different facilities.

我们是一个非营利性组织,有两个不同的设施。


Listen Now

Love PodBriefly?

If you like Podbriefly.com, please consider donating to support the ongoing development.

Support Us